Tuesday 7 February 2012

When Scones fail...

Without being overly mean, I can honestly say these are the worst Scones I have EVER made! But perhaps the best Rock Cakes!

I followed my fail proof recipe from Taste.com for Basic Scones. They ALWAYS turn out perfectly... Well not today. I made the best dough ever this morning and thought, "These may be the greatest Scones of all time!!" How sadly mistaken was I....

The only thing I can tell that I did differently to all my other times of cooking this recipe, is that I allowed the oven to heat up longer than normal at a higher temperature so that it would be the optimum temperature when the scone dough made it in there. BIG MISTAKE!*

Before they came out of the oven, I was planning on taking them to Mick's work as a kind of an introduction of me to his new workmates and bosses. NOT ANY MORE! There is no way I am allowing myself to be represented by these flat, crusty, crumbly and hard circles of almighty doom. I do not want to be associated with them at all!


I guess that I can learn from my over heating the oven mistake and move on to imagining perfectly risen, warm, delicious, melt in your mouth, light and fluffy morsels of pure awesomeness.... Bliss.

Happy baking!
BzeeJ x

*Note to self - follow recipes to the letter. Always. You are not equipped with enough knowledge in the art of baking!

1 comment: