Sunday 19 February 2012

19th February - Something you hate to do

Oh my, this list could be endless!

I decided to settle for something I basically do everyday, BECAUSE I have to do it everyday....

...Washing the dishes.


It's boring. It's monotonous. It's a pain in the butt. And I seem to be the only person who regularly does it. Not complaining, just over it.

Washing the dishes was one of my chores when I lived in my parents' house. From the age of 8, it was my nightly duty to wash, rinse and place the dishes in the drying rack. Every night after dinner, the same thing. Over and over again.

18 years later and I am still doing it. Although I have added another element, putting the dry dishes away! I also changed it from nightly to daily. I'm rebellious like that.

After dinner is my relaxing time. The dinner plates are rinsed enough to sit on the bench for the night and then the next day is when I get down to actually doing them. Don't shoot me down! I know it can attract ants and cockroaches! But whatever.

So many people have told me to just get a dishwasher. Though really, I've never had one, so I can hardly miss it. Plus paying for the electricity to run it, the latest and greatest dishwasher cleaners and "diamond shine glass cleaners" with "easy dry, no spot, new-fandangled, liquid fan technology!" Oh and also the fact that we rent.

Aside from that, all I can think of is that no matter how easy it is to load the dishwasher and unpack the dishwasher, it will still be a chore that I will learn to hate and still be the only person to do it.

Onto another something I hate to do - Mow the lawn! I worked this out pretty early. Mick will mow the lawn once every few months and I will do the dishes. Every day. I wonder who got the better deal in all this??

What chore do you hate?
BzeeJ x

1 comment:

  1. A dishwasher will change your life. Our old one in the city died for a month and we went back to the old way and it was the longest month ever. Packing and unpacking dishwasher takes 2-3 minutes tops. When you guys buy your new place, I would look for a house that has one already :) Our electricty bills are always pretty low, so I've never really noticed how much it uses. Mowing lawns is a new job for me and I actually dont mind doing it. Although we have a very small lawn so it's not too time comsuming

    ReplyDelete