Tuesday 7 February 2012

7th February - Button

I have a small problem... Okay so it's not so much a problem, but an obsession.

I have a handbag addiction. There, I said it.

This may not come as much of a surprise to all of you, especially Mick, because he became aware of my weakness pretty much as soon as we started dating. The reason I know this, is because each time we went shopping, he would casually place himself between me and the bag shops we waked past. Subtle.

I can hear you thinking, 'What does any of this have to do with "Buttons"?' Well, I am glad you asked.

In 2007, I came across a store called, M!MCO. It's an Australian brand and has some to-die-for merchandise. While browsing the shelves, I came across a snow and silver "Button Bag". I fell in love.
Now came the hard part... Convincing Mick to buy it for me. So I casually let it slip that I found a gorgeous, absolutely must have handbag in Queens Plaza. Immediately, reg flags started popping up in his mind and I could tell that he was very hesitant to encourage this behaviour he had been trying to stifle over the years.

As a bargaining chip, I told him, "This is the bag to end all bags"...


...He gave it to me for Christmas that year.

Staying true to my word, I have mainly bought clutches and wallets since, with the exception of 2 bags whilst we were shopping in Rome and Athens.

I love my M!MCO Snow and Silver Button Bag, it's a little worse for wear, but it's all mine.

What's your obsession?
BzeeJ x

4 comments:

  1. As you know I have a few obsessions to try and manage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Footy shirts...have a thousand of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I really do know about all of your obsessions my Love x

    Literally a thousand Fraser? :P All from the one club or a variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. about 15 yeronga ones, but a large variety of others

      Delete