Tuesday 21 February 2012

21st February - A favourite photo of you

As can be expected, I have chosen a photograph of me on my wedding day (almost 2 years ago), as this was a day filled with all my hopes and dreams, love from my family and friends and bringing people together to watch me marry my best friend. Everything exceeded my expectations.

The other reason I chose a photo from this day is because I was made to feel like a million dollars. Make up professionally applied, hair curled and pinned just so and a dress that I wish I could wear every day. Thankfully my wedding day shoes have been incorporated into my casual shoes rotation!

This photo represents the me, who had a thousand butterflies beating their wings in my tummy, but was calm enough to know that I was about to embark on one of the best journeys of my life. I remember staring out that window in the Marriott Hotel, looking at the grey, drizzly clouds and realised that this was the day that I would always remember. Not because of the rain on our outdoor ceremony. Not the flowers, the suits, the dresses, the music. Not even because (almost) everyone who is important to me was there. But because I knew when I reached the end of that tree-lined aisle, he would be standing there, smiling and waiting patiently for me as always. Ready to declare his love to me to the entire world, just as he promised in his proposal. 

This is my favourite photo of me. Because all my dreams were about to come true.


Kisses,
BzeeJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment