Wednesday 7 March 2012

7th March - Something you wore

My green dress.

I loves it.


I bought it last year in a bit of a spur of the moment type thing. I needed something pretty to wear to an engagement party, my birthday dinner and any other time I felt like wearing it.

Walked into Portmans not expecting much. A lot of the time, the cut of their dresses does nothing for my figure and most of the time, I can barely get the garment over my shoulders let alone zip it up!

So when I picked this pretty, green dress I was not expecting much. I loved the colour and thought the style looked quite flattering, even on the hanger. Unfortunately, they didn't have it in my size... So I picked up the size down and made my way into the dressing room...

I had a couple of different dresses (in my size) that I tried on first. None of them fit. All too small. I almost didn't even bother trying on the green one, but gave it a whirl anyway.

Well. Hello there! Look at you! I stepped outside the dressing room to look at myself in the large mirror and hope that another customer (or even a sales person) would see me and verify that, Yes, this dress is actually flattering on me. And no, it's not too short.

Sales lady to the rescue! Both her and the other girl working in the store were wearing the same dress. THIS green dress!

I decided then and there to get it. Who cares about the price! The girl put it through the register, and I grabbed out my wallet.

$89.

Are you sure? BARGAIN!!!

It's been worn 4 times since November. I think it was definitely a good buy!!

Any bargains or shopping surprises you'd like to share?
BzeeJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment